Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chores Distribution

A typical household would have the dad working and fixing the house for any leaks or damaged sinks, while the mother cooks, prepares food, does the laundry, takes care of the kids and husband, the list can just go on and on . . .

With modern times come changes in the so-called duties of a man and woman. Gone are the days when women are just to stay at home, and men are to bring home the bacon. We now live in a world of double income families, house-husbands, career woman, etc. This is where the beauty of being a work at home mom comes in., we simply get to have the best of both worlds.

In my case, I just feel grateful to have a husband who is very understanding and open-minded. He values and respects my ideas and just almost gives in to everything I demand- especially now that I'm a hormone filled 8 month pregnant woman!

My work-at-home jobs are usually at night. So he makes sure that I get to have enough sleep in the morning even if it means he will have to cook breakfast, bathe the kids, clean the house, cook lunch, put the kids to take some nap, buy some snacks, buy or cook dinner, and then go to work by 5pm.   It's a lot for him to do, but he does it wholeheartedly.

So to make-up, I try my best to at least wash the dishes after lunch and I put the kids to sleep if I can before I start my online job. I also compensate by taking over some chores on weekends, but then due to my condition, it rarely happens. :)

I know can never thank him enough, that even if he's very tired at the end of the day, he still puts on a happy face and greets me warmly when he comes home. Never did I hear a word of complain come out of his mouth. For this, I am eternally grateful.

So to all the moms out there, who like me, have husbands from heaven, let's not forget to express our appreciation of their efforts and of how we just love them more and more each day.

Have a blessed and love-filled married life everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!