Thursday, March 22, 2012

My First Odesk Pay and an Unfortunate Realization

The long wait is over. After 2 weeks of working 5 hours a night, I finally saw my available balance ready for withdrawal. Yehey!

I never really imagined working- and earning from home would be possible, but then again the proof is right in front of me.

 For initial payments, there will be a 2 weeks holding period. So if you start working on March 5-9, your work will be reviewed by the employer (security period) the following week, and your funds will be available Wednesday on the third week. Succeeding payment will be available weekly after that. It's just like having a weekly allowance! It's up to you on how often you'd like to withdraw your earnings, be it weekly or monthly, depending on your needs.

So now that you have funds available for withdrawal, the next thing to do is choose your withdrawal option. I personally chose Paypal and local funds transfer. But then it hit me. My paypal account is still not verified and I don't have an active local bank account. And this is all because of my impulsiveness and lack of financial literacy.

What's the use of having fund when you can't actually withdraw it?

I guess celebrations will have to wait, for now.  I'll just have to leave the funds on Odesk until I fix all the necessary documents required for me to get my accounts up and running again.

Wish me luck!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!